Child Health Plus
Hudson Health Plan has a contract with the New York State Department of Health to meet the health care needs of children who are younger than age 19, are not eligible for Medicaid, do not have other health care coverage, and are permanent New York State residents who live in our service area. In turn, we choose a group of health care providers to help us meet your child’s needs. These doctors and specialists, hospitals, labs, and other health care facilities make up our provider network. You can find all providers in our network by using the Provider Lookup function on this site.
When a child is enrolled in Child Health Plus (CHPlus) with Hudson Health Plan, one of our plan providers will see to the primary health care needs of that child. Most of the time that person will be a Primary Care Professional (PCP). If a child needs to have a test, see a specialist, or go into the hospital, the PCP will arrange it. Your child’s PCP is available to you every day, day and night. If you need to speak to him or her after hours or on weekends, leave a message and how you can be reached. The PCP will get back to you as soon as possible. Even though your PCP is your child’s main source for health care, in some cases, you can self-refer to certain doctors for some services.
Our friendly and courteous Customer Care representatives can answer any of your questions about how managed care works and how your child benefits from being a member of Hudson Health Plan. Contact Customer Care or call 1.800.339.4557.
- No co-payments, but Plan premiums may apply
- In-patient hospitalization
- Emergency care
- Out-patient care
- Lab tests and x-rays
- Primary and preventative health care/education
- Vision, speech, and hearing services
- Durable medical equipment
- Dental care
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Second medical/surgical opinion
- Diabetic supplies and equipment
- Smoking cessation products
- Short-term rehabilitation
- Home health care
- Family planning/reproductive health
- Radiation, chemotherapy, hemodialysis
- Mental health/alcohol and substance abuse treatment (some limits apply)
- Over the counter drugs (with written prescription)
- Non-airborne emergency ambulance services
- Hospice care
- Screening, diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders
Free coverage from Child Health Plus is provided for families in New York State whose income is below a certain income level. Families with somewhat higher incomes pay a small monthly premium of $9, $15, $30, $45 or $60 a month per child, depending on their income and family size. For larger families (four or more children) the monthly premium fee, with the exception of full premium, is capped at the level for three children. Use this chart to help determine your eligibility for Child Health Plus:
*Pregnant women count as two when determining family size.
**Maximum monthly gross income and full premium amounts subject to change by New York State. Child Health Plus income levels current as of April 1, 2013.