Family Health Plus
Hudson Health Plan has a contract with the State Department of Health to meet the health care needs of people enrolled in Family Health Plus. In turn, we choose a group of health care providers to help us meet your needs. These doctors and specialists, hospitals, labs, and other health care facilities make up our provider network. You can find all providers in our network by using the Provider Lookup function on this site.
When you join our Plan, one of our Plan providers takes care of you. Most of the time that person will be your Primary Care Professional (PCP). If you need to have a test, see a specialist or go into the hospital, your PCP will arrange it. Your PCP is available to you every day, day and night. If you need to speak to him or her after hours or on weekends, leave a message and how you can be reached. Your PCP will get back to you as soon as possible. Even though your PCP is your main source for health care, in some cases, you can self-refer to certain doctors for some services.
Our friendly and courteous Customer Care representatives can answer any of your questions about how managed care works and how you benefit from being a member of Hudson Health Plan. Contact Customer Care or call 1.800.339.4557.
- Co-payments apply, but there are no Plan premiums
- In-patient hospitalization
- Emergency care
- Out-patient care
- Lab tests and x-rays
- Primary and preventative health care/education
- Vision, speech, and hearing services
- Durable medical equipment
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Prescription drugs
- Diabetic supplies and equipment
- Smoking cessation products
- Dental care (if offered by the Plan)
- Home health care (some limits apply)
- Family planning/reproductive health
- Short-term rehabilitation
- Mental health/alcohol and substance abuse treatment (some limits apply)
- Physicians, nurse practitioners, midwives
- Radiation, chemotherapy, hemodialysis
- Emergency ambulance transportation
- Hospice care
Family Health Plus Eligibility
Family Health Plus is available to single adults, couples without children, and parents with limited income who are residents of New York State. They may be U.S. citizens or fall under one of many immigration categories. An individual whose gross monthly income is less than $931 would qualify for Family Health Plus.
Income levels current as of April 1, 2013.
Maximum monthly income amounts subject to change by New York State