Hudson Health Plan is a not-for-profit managed care organization proudly dedicated to promoting and providing access to excellent health services for all people. We bridge the gap for those families who struggle to pay for private insurance by helping them to get the coverage they need to stay healthy.
See our new biannual newsletter for health care professionals - proHealthlines
Our more than 115,000 members live in Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Sullivan, Dutchess, and Ulster counties and benefit from one of three state-sponsored managed care programs - Medicaid Managed Care, Child Health Plus, and Family Health Plus. They receive primary and specialty health care from participating private physicians and health centers. Inpatient care is provided by hospitals throughout the service area. Dental care, behavioral health, vision care and other health services are also available to all members.
Our commitment to providing excellent care to our members has not gone unrecognized. Here are some of the accolades we have received in recent years:
- 2012: Health Plan Innovation Award—Westchester Cares Action Program, Medicaid Managed Care Congress
- 2012: Westchester County Distinguished Public Service Award—Westchester Cares Action Program, Westchester County Board of Health
- 2003-2012: Hudson Health Plan Receives the Highest Ratings in Overall Satisfaction in the Consumer’s Guide to Medicaid Managed Care in the Hudson Valley, New York State Department of Health
- 2009-2010: Hudson Health Plan Ranked Highest Among All Medicaid Plans in 2009 and 2010
Quality Incentive Program, New York State Department of Health
- 2008: Aster Award for Excellence in Medical Marketing—Hudson’s Website, Marketing Healthcare Today
- 2007: Case Management Society of America's Award for Excellence in Adherence Management
- 2006: New York State Department of Health's Consumer's Guide ranks us among the highest in customer satisfaction.
- 2006: HealthLeaders Magazine names us a Finalist, Top Leadership Team in Health Care.
- 2006: Poughkeepsie Journal awards us the Diversity in the Workplace Award.
- 2005: YWCA White Plains/Central Westchester awards us the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Corporate Award for Diversity
Hudson Health Plan is always seeking committed health care professionals to join our network and help us to provide the highest quality care to our members. We take a provider-friendly approach, which includes reasonable rates and prompt turnaround of claims for authorized services. Generally, primary care is paid for by monthly capitation payments to participating pediatricians, internists, and family practice physicians. The capitation rate, which covers routine office visits, may vary according to the enrollee's age and sex. Primary care procedures and specialty services are reimbursed on a fee-for-service basis.
Hudson Health Plan has been an early innovator in the area of pay-for-performance programs, including programs in which primary care practices are eligible for incentive payments for providing timely immunizations to newborns and high-quality services to patients living with chronic illness.
By encouraging their patients to enroll, primary care doctors gain access to an extensive network of medical and behavioral health specialists, and the support of the Plan's multilingual Customer Care and Case Management departments.
Working Together with Hudson Health Plan
Participating providers can visit our Provider Portal to determine which patients are enrolled in a Hudson Health Plan program and easily interact with Hudson Health Plan.
Those health care providers who are interested in learning more about joining the Hudson Health Plan network can contact our Provider Relations Department to learn more or call 1.800.247.6550.