Our Affordable Health Insurance Programs
Hudson Health Plan is a not-for-profit managed care organization proudly dedicated to promoting and providing access to excellent health services for all people. We bridge the gap for those families who struggle to pay for private insurance by helping them to get the health coverage they need.
Members receive their primary and specialty health care from participating private physicians and health centers. Inpatient care is provided by hospitals throughout the service area. Dental care, behavioral health, vision care and other services are also offered, so that our members can get healthy and stay healthy.
Our programs are designed to be financially accessible to as many community members as possible. Our representatives can help you determine which plan is best for you and your family.
We offer our members three state-sponsored managed care programs.
Medicaid Managed Care
- Medicaid is the largest source of funding for medical and health–related services for people with limited income.
- The maximum monthly gross income that defines eligibility is determined by family composition and varies by county.
- Pregnant women, children, and disabled persons with medical bills may also qualify for Medicaid.
- More information can be found on our Medicaid Managed Care page.
Child Health Plus
- Free coverage is provided for families whose income is below a certain income level.
- Child Health Plus covers children who are not covered by private health insurance and are not eligible for Medicaid, whether or not they are documented residents of the U.S.
- Under Child Health Plus, many families qualify for free coverage. Families with somewhat higher incomes pay a small monthly premium of $9, $15, $20, $30 or $40 a month per child, depending on their income and family size. For large families, the monthly fee is capped at three children.
- More information can be found on our Child Health Plus (CHP) page.
Family Health Plus
- This free program provides health coverage to adults who do not have health insurance, but whose income is too high to qualify for Medicaid.
- Family Health Plus is available to single adults, couples without children, and parents with limited income who are residents of New York State. They may be U.S. citizens or fall under one of many immigration categories.
- An individual whose gross monthly income is less than $903 would qualify for Family Health Plus.
- More information can be found on our Family Health Plus (FHP) page.
At Hudson Health Plan, we are committed to making it easy to enroll in a plan that will help you and your family stay healthy. If you are not sure which health program you are eligible for, start the process online now, contact Customer Care or call 1.800.339.4557, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.