Enroll Your Children in Child Health Plus
Hudson Health Plan offers the Child Health Plus program in six counties in New York's Hudson Valley: Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Sullivan, Dutchess, and Ulster.
Child Health Plus provides preventive care and medical treatment for children under the age of 19 years. Primary and specialty care, prescription drugs, vision and hearing aids, and dental health are covered under the plan. Child Health Plus covers children who are not covered by private health insurance and are not eligible for Medicaid, whether or not they are documented residents of the U.S.
Child Health Plus Benefits
Child Health Plus provides a wide range of specific benefits to its members, including no co-payments, (plan premiums may apply), in-patient hospitalization, emergency care, out-patient care, lab tests, and x-rays:
- No co-payments, but Plan premiums may apply
- In-patient hospitalization
- Emergency care
- Out-patient care
- Lab tests and x-rays
- Primary and preventative health care/education
- Vision, speech, and hearing services
- Durable medical equipment
- Dental care
- Prosthetics and orthotics
- Second medical/surgical opinion
- Diabetic supplies and equipment
- Smoking cessation products
- Short-term rehabilitation
- Home health care
- Family planning/reproductive health
- Radiation, chemotherapy, hemodialysis
- Mental health/alcohol and substance abuse treatment (some limits apply)
- Over the counter drugs (with written prescription)
- Non-airborne emergency ambulance services
- Hospice care
Child Health Plus Eligibility
Free coverage from Child Health Plus is provided for families in New York State whose income is below a certain income level. Families with somewhat higher incomes pay a small monthly premium of $9, $15, $30, $45 or $60 a month per child, depending on their income and family size. For larger families (four or more children) the monthly premium fee, with the exception of full premium, is capped at the level for three children. Use this chart to help determine your eligibility for Child Health Plus:
*Pregnant women count as two when determining family size.
**Maximum monthly gross income and full premium amounts subject to change by New York State. Child Health Plus income levels current as of April 1, 2013.
Apply for Child Health Plus
If you think you qualify, even if you’re not sure, start the Child Health Plus enrollment process online now. If you prefer, you can contact Customer Care or call 1.800.339.4557. Our friendly and courteous representatives can quickly tell you if you’re eligible for one of our State-sponsored health care programs.